Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Canning Crazy

This winter seemed like a haze of caning one thing after another. I decided to make jams and herb enhanced olive oils as Christmas presents for friends and family. I'm not lucky enough to have a garden or live in an area blessed with farmers markets, but the Costco in my are had an excellent blackberry & raspberry selection. I also ended up with a decent supply of strawberries, so I made a lot of jam. Since cranberries were also in large supply, I made several batches of whole berry cranberry sauce, which ended up being in high demand.



The oils were easy to make and received a lot of compliments as well. we did a garlic & chili pepper and a poultry blend which consisted of garlic, rosemary, thyme, sage and oregano. I made them with about 2 weeks to spare so they could season and be ready for use. They were aromatic, delicious, and very pretty.
It's nice that my family is supportive of my new habit, my niece and nephew have even contributed jars to the cause...along with their requests, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment