Thursday, June 28, 2012

Books To Consider

Blue Ribbon Preserves by Linda J. Amendt – I found this book at the library, it contains a wealth of information on fair competitions and canning various recipes.

The Ball Blue Book- A good starting point for canners.

The Complete Book of Home Preserving offered by Ball- This book has been noted as “The Canning Bible” by canners all over.

Homesteading by Abigail R. Gerhring- If the Ball book is “The Canning Bible,” this book could very well be noted as “The Homesteading Bible” as it contains everything one needs to set up a successful homestead.

Homesteading on Half an Acre by Storey- Comparable to Abigail Gerhring’s book, but has more information on animals and trees.

The Homemade Pantry:101 Foods You Can Stop Buying & Start Making by Alana Chernila- My new favorite book, if you think that the grocery store is your only option...think again. I was sure I would have to buy my pop tarts forever, she even has a recipe for Twinkies....yes! I said it, Twinkies. Can a book get any better? For me, it doesn't.

This is an on-going list… there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment